Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Festivities!

These past few weeks have been so much fun planning, preparing, and enjoying Halloween festivities!

On Tuesday, I made caramel popcorn for the first time ever! I made it as a treat for my Webelos, and I think it turned out really good! I got the caramel recipe from my friend Cassie, and, thankfully, it was an easy recipe to follow. ha.

I put candy corn in it!
 We were invited to go to a Mystery Dinner Party by some friend's in our ward. I was beyond thrilled and excited to go! I have always wanted to participate in a "real life" game of clue :-). We got our invitation in the mail last week, and were assigned characters for the game. I was a baker named "Miss Sugga Flower" and Nathan was a sheriff named "Deputy C.R. Badges". The funniest character I thought was "Cougar Forest" which was another way of saying Tiger Woods. haha. All of the characters' names were really cute though. The dinner was on Wednesday, October 29th, and there were 7 couples there, so 14 people total! We had a really yummy dinner consisting of Chicken Cordon Bleu, salad, fruit, potatoes, rolls, and then I provided "Dirt dessert" for the dessert. It was the first time I made it, and I was pleased with how it turned out. Through out the evening we were given pieces of paper with clues that we could share with the other guests, and also clues that we could keep to ourselves. Playing the game was more difficult than I thought it would be, but I think that was because it was a first time for all of us. The end was a big surprise for all of us! None of us guessed who the murder was, but I did get the room and the weapon right! ;-) I had a ton of fun and hope to do it again next year.
The handsome deputy and the baker!


 I got a brilliant idea for our Halloween costumes from a friend, and planned our costumes weeks in advance, and worked on them the week before Halloween. We were Tangled characters! I was Rapunzel, Nathan was Flynn Rider, and Eli was Pascal (the Chameleon). I went to the DI and bought my purple dress and Nathan's tan shirt. Then Nancy and I sewed his brown vest, and Nathan and I spent an HOUR AND A HALF making my braid! haha (Click HERE to see the blog where I got my braid idea) It was a lot of fun though, but I am glad we only had to make one ;). After we finished I put a few fake flowers throughout the braid. I thought it turned out cute!


Also, for the past few weeks Nancy has been working on making all of her grandkids their own Halloween Trick-or-Treating bag! I think they all turned out so cute!!! I really like Eli's Frankenstein one. Thank you Nancy for the cute bag!

On Halloween I went up to Rexburg with my mom to get the oil in her car changed so we decided we would take Eli over to his doctor's office, Seasons Medical, to trick or treat. Nathan met us over there after he got out of class. Of course Eli didn't care, but I wanted to show off my cute boy in his costume! I just told the people passing out candy that he didn't need very much. haha. I just wore my baker's outfit because I didn't want to wear my Rapunzel outfit until later.



Then Eli and I went with Nathan into Idaho Falls to run a few errands. It took longer than expected so we got home around 6:00, changed into our costumes, and headed out for trick-or-treating. We stopped at Sharon and Stan Linville's very first so I could get my caramel apple! (I've been going since I was a little girl). Then we stopped at my parent's house, took a few pictures, visited for a little bit, and headed off again. We stopped by a few people in our ward, and then ended the night at Grandma and Grandpa Adamson's home for a Halloween party. We had dinner and then there were games, but we took off after dinner because it was past Eli's bedtime :-). Overall, it was a great first Halloween! I am excited for Eli to get more excited for holidays as he gets older and understands.

Didn't like being put in his car seat in his costume!


Flynn Rider, Rapunzel, & Pascal!

A cop, witch, & Captain Jack Sparrow



No comments:

Post a Comment